How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at
Fri Dec 26 17:31:31 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Holger Freyther <zecke at> wrote:
> On Friday 26 December 2008 06:24:21 Nelson Castillo wrote:
>> Hello.
>> With the latest kernel we can use the Touchscreen with no further
>> user-space filtering. I'd like to test this.
>What is the benefit?

Briefly stated: We think it's better if the driver sends only good data to
the applications. If there are multiple distributions for a device (there
are quite a few for the GTA02) they can share a tuned in-kernel
configuration. We also save a lot of kernel mode/user mode transitions
and data transmission allowing us to consider more samples for each
reported event.

I guess it will be up to the distributors whether to use in-kernel linear
transformation or not. In either case I would like to test it.

> How is the /etc/pointercal loaded?

The following entries are created:

I tried with this program:

#TODO: Write me in C please (0.46 seconds!)
prefix = '/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/s3c2440-ts/calibration'
a = open('/etc/pointercal').readline().strip().split(" ")
for i in range(0, len(a)):
    f = open('%s/%s' % (prefix, i), 'w')