How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri Dec 26 23:10:03 CET 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008 22:36:42 Andy Green wrote:

> No the kernel touchscreen filter stuff is independent of the driver, it
> is implemented separately and resuably.

Ah okay. From my non existing knowledge of the code I think using a
input_handler to export a "calibrated, normalized..." touchscreen with some
ioctol/sysfs to do the configuration is the best configuration. And at that
point I wonder how the result is different from a ordinary one button PS2
mouse?

> I agree upstream requirement for tslib seems entrenched, and yet we have
> a really good solution for GTA02 touchscreen function in kernel now that
> we didn't have before, and couldn't get until now in tslib.  And that's
> true whether upstream sees value in no-tslib solution or not.

couldn't get. I recognize that it is more easy for some people to work on the
kernel but it is also true that writing a filter for ts_lib is very very
simple. I'm confident that I could move the code of your filters into userspace
and write it as module for tslib.

> It'll help getting this upstream if it allows complete removal of tslib,
> ~ so it's good to hear these points, but it's also good Nelson is asking
> about what's involved to remove the anomalies created by tslib elsewhere
> as part of studying that...

Right, we get to a point I understand what is happening. I will try to get
some background on tslib, Russell King started the library and I will ask
Chris Larson (current maintainer of tslib) if he can give us some input.

z.