How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at
Sat Dec 27 00:04:51 CET 2008

2008/12/26 Nelson Castillo <arhuaco at>:
> Hello.
> With the latest kernel we can use the Touchscreen with no further
> user-space filtering. I'd like to test this.
> How can I make Xglamo read the TS information from /dev/input/eventX?

I agree with Holger on most points, but to answer the question other
than with another question, Xglamo is a part of kdrive and I don't
think kdrive lets you use evdev input out of the box, but OE has or
had some patch to add that and to use it you need(ed) to pass
-use-evdev and -mouse /dev/something.  If you used Xorg you would just
have to use "evdev" as the input driver.