Touch based Dual Boot Menu

ramsarvan pl_ram2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 07:17:11 CET 2008

Hi Werner,

Thank you for the reply.

>You mean you want to have a boot menu (instead of the current u-boot
>menu) that uses the touch screen ?

Yes. I want a Graphical UI instead of the character based uboot menu ui.
Which will have 2 big icons showing Qtopia & Android. When user selects
that particular platform should come up.

So, Will the process go like this, after boot up?

1) The u-boot will start the above mentioned "small Linux system"
2) Shows the Menu.
3) After user selection, using kexec will start either mount the Qtopia
rootfs or Android rootfs and invoke the startup processes.

Step 3 is confusing to me. Can you please elaborate a bit? And also,
Can you give me some pointers where to start with Qi? I am new to
all these things.

Thanks.
Ram.