How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Andy Green andy at
Sun Dec 28 01:27:18 CET 2008

| all in all - the point here isn't to remove tslib - just turn off
| tslib's filtering! keep it. just disable what you don't need anymore!

Yes that's the default situation we are at right now.

But, there is the question about proposing this upstream, it seems it
can be a more meaningful story to just say with this technique userspace
can "use a clean input event device directly" without tslib if desired.

So I don't think this is necessarily an immediate agitation to remove
tslib in OM stuff since we're working fine with it there but not doing
anything, it's more about proving for ourselves and being able to show
we can replace it and answer the kind of issues that Holger raises.
This is with the idea that it overall can get more consideration for the
kernel filter concept upstream.

Maybe later, if that's done, people will start to wonder why tslib is
still necessary when we have a clean input device, but it's not today's
problem directly for us.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -