GPS-Logging and Gypsy

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Jul 15 01:03:00 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 15 Juli 2008 00:47:24 schrieb Tilman Baumann:
> some questions about gypsy.
> Is FSO using gypsy code or only the gypsy api?

Daniel has details, but the plan right now is to use only the gypsy API, since
we have to add some extensions wrt. UBX protocol + system integration works
(gllin, resource management, etc.). Once that's all done, we have a good idea
how gypsy could be enhanced and see whether upstream would be interested to
do that.

> And how would gypsy do for gps logging?

Just listen to the dbus signals.

> I'm thinking about making a gps tracking software for openstreetmap.

Sounds good, but I think we already have a couple of openstreetmap apps. Could
you rather considering enhancing one of these?

Cheers,

Mickey.