Detecting „own“ number

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Jul 15 01:42:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 15.07.2008, 01:25 +0200 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:
> Yes, we are (AT+CNUM?), however if your SIM card has multiple numbers stored
> on it, we need heuristics to find out which is the right one. I don't know
> whether phonekit does that.
>
> I need to implement this for ogsmd anyways, can you give me your output of
> AT+CNUM? (feel free to insert some 'xxx' inside the number string, if you
> want to protect your numbers).

Here is what libgsm-tool says:

# 	0176123456	     Handy
	0721	  Homezone

The short homezone is what I set using the Siemens phone, the other
number is there in full (but changed here).

Trying to use libgsm-tool in atcmd mode does not seem to work here:

AT+CNUM?
STR=`AT+CNUM?'
RSTR=`'

(or the output is just binary and libgsm-tool does not handle that)

Greetings and good night,
Joachim
--
Joachim Breitner