qpe on gta01

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 16 17:00:55 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 15:13:47 Esben Damgaard wrote:
> ons, 16 07 2008 kl. 14:55 +0200, skrev Jose Luis Perez Diez:
> > if you have an SD card in the phone qpe scans the media for documents. it
> > could timing consuming an is done every boot as this storage is marked as
> > removable.
>
> This makes sense.. But I really don't think this should happen on ASU.
> I don't like it.
>
> What does this help? Programs can say: list all audiofiles? This is not
> good enough for this heavy slowdown IMO.

First time I heard of that (but I don't have a SD card in my device). The
question is tricky. You can go
to /opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/Storage.conf and do changes (e.g. remove
the entry for the sdcard) but the consequences are tricky.

So the options I see are:

	- You will not be able to data from the SD Card on these cards. E.g. if you
install the Qtopia mediaplayer (available in the feeds) you will not be able
to playback music... open pictures, text... with Qtopia applications.

	- You can force the scanning to a certain directory only, then qtopia will
pick up the files only from there. So you need to copy the files there...

	- In Qtopia2 there used to be .ignore files you can place in directories to
skip them from scanning, e.g. the root of your sd card...

and I have no idea what trade off is the best and then scanning should
eventually finish at some point and CPU load should be back to normal?

comments welcome.

	z.