SIM access

frang (moko-devel) openmoko-devel at
Sat Jul 19 22:12:49 CEST 2008

Those links are interesting, thank you.  I've also been poking at things
more.  I am, admittedly new to the phone space for coding, and I freely
admit I'm just hacking for now.  I find it helps me learn about things
quickly, if organically.  Poking around the system, I found (sometimes after
some searching on the wiki) mechanisms for accessing most of the hardware.
Though the SIM seemed to be missing.  I've found some things in
/home/root/.evolution, and I've found some python snippets that (for
example) pull contacts from libgsmd-tool via AT commands.  These are both
interesting.  The former, however, seems incomplete, and the later I need to
do more reading to determine what AT commands exist.  Though this later
seems clumsy from a system perspective.  Prior to this I was thinking of
hacking something that would expose data from the SIM in /proc.  Now I'm
investigating what is filling in the data in /home/root/.evolution and try
to understand that better.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Holger Freyther <zecke at>