error building g++spec during mokomakefile build

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Jul 20 07:17:36 CEST 2008

Ok I *DID* read through the Wiki, and Googled for this error, no luck.

I get this error some way into building with mokomake...

| /aux/Stuff/openmokodev/mokomake/build/tmp/cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-as: unrecognized
option `-Qy'
| make[2]: *** [g++spec.o] Error 1

Trying to do make openmoko-devel-image

And yes I have run make update-makefile && make setup && make update Several times.

The last things in the log are...

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 300 tasks of which 278 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '...../openembedded/packages/gcc/gcc-cross_4.1.2.bb' failed
make: *** [openmoko-devel-image] Error 1

I'm on the latest stable fully updated Ubuntu system, on a 32 bit machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim