Openmoko Bug #1646: $PATH not correctly honoured by the shell?

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Jul 21 06:14:43 CEST 2008

#1646: $PATH not correctly honoured by the shell?
 Reporter:  Strolls  |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Blockedby:           |

Comment(by chgros):

 I've noticed something similar: when I run "screen" PATH is not exported.
 Once I got the same problem as you, and "export PATH" fixed it (however I
 do not always get the problem)
 Not having a PATH also crashes opkg.
 To know whether PATH is exported, you can do:
   env | grep PATH