Build using wiki/Toolchain instructions failing...

mak163 michael.docholiday at
Fri Jul 25 16:17:37 CEST 2008

I am also having an issue with building the openmoko kernel source using the
toolchain downloaded from  I
follow the instructions from, but
when I get to the ./build step from within the kernel source directory i get
the following error:

/bin/sh:  ../../cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc:  No such file or
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Error 1

The pre-compiled toolchain is unpackaged at /usr/local/openmoko and the
kernel source is located at /home/mak163/moko/sources/linux-2.6 downloaded
using the git tree as described in the wiki.  I am compiling on an Ubuntu
8.04 system.

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.
Michael King
Sent from the Openmoko Devel mailing list archive at