problems when upgrading the kernel with opkg / HELLO PLEASE NUKE BROKEN KERNEL PACKAGES

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 30 23:02:38 CEST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:25:40 +0800
Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at openmoko.com> wrote:

> Graeme,
> (off-list)
>
> > No the packages need debugged, buildhost is *NOT* producing stable
> > builds by orders of my boss. So basically tough shit if the
> > occasional rogue packages eats your phone.
>
> Who is your boss?

Well it was John, and now it is Julian. I meant boss as in leader of
distro team rather than management chain.

> What order did you get?

Both have expressed the wish to me that buildhost builds cutting edge
stuff so we can use that as early warning of potential problems before
we stabilise. This of course means that some builds fail, or produce
packages that eat your phone and other stuff.

I use the buildhost build report every morning to indicate areas where
we are having issues and try and get fixes in ASAP.

Graeme