Openmoko development questions.
blackhex at post.cz
Mon Nov 3 01:38:12 CET 2008
I'm trying to compile GRASS GIS for Openmoko, but I have several issues I want
to ask about and I'd be glad to get at least some of them answered, please.
1. I'm using org.openmoko.dev branch downloaded with MokoMakefile for my
developement. I suppose this is the right brach to work on instead of stable
brach, is it?
2. I did "bitbake -c patch gdal" to start my modifications, then fixed several
things to get "bitbake -c compile" proceed but doing "bitbake -c build" fails
with lot of errors similar to:
ERROR: QA Issue: package gdal contains bad
What does this meassage mean and how could I correct it?
3. From what I read on
supposed to do "bitbake -c patch gdal" before I start to modify package gdal
to prevent package to be overwritten from packed sources. Is "bitbake -c
build" complementary operation for this (submit local modification to
repository)? Is there other way to submit modification even if I did not
succed with compilation but I want to save them.
4. What are other bitbake tasks except of those mentioned in previous
5. Is it save to do "make update" before or after "bitbake -c build" step (in
case it actually submits changes) with respect to local modifications?
6. Why should I use quilt do manage patches of modified packages when all
OpenEmbedded and Openmoko stuff is under git version control and I can do
diff against head version?
7. How should I prepare pached and where should I submit them in case of
changes in "openebedded/packages" and in case of changes in "openmoko/trunk"
Thanks in advance...
Ing. Radek Bartoň
Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology
E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz
More information about the devel