Openmoko development questions.

Radek Bartoň blackhex at
Mon Nov 3 17:43:07 CET 2008

On Monday 03 of November 2008 13:17:36 Holger Freyther wrote:

> RPATH is generally considered harmful/dangerous. It instructs the linker to
> search for libraries in the given path. Now the attack vector is that some
> random user can put a fake libc in the RPATH directory...
> Inside the Makefile there is a line like -Wl,rpath... you can replace that
> with rpath-link and are mostly safe...

Hi, thank you for your response. I changed  -rpath to -rpath-link at two
places in makefiles but now it throws:

| creating
| (cd .libs && rm -f && ln -s ../
| /mnt/data/Projekty/MokoGRASS/moko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gdal-1.3.2-r0/gdal-1.3.2/install-sh -c .libs/libgdal.lai /mnt/data/Projekty/MokoGRASS/moko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gdal-1.3.2-r0/image/usr/lib/
| install:  .libs/libgdal.lai does not exist
| make: *** [install-lib] Error 1
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed

I don't have a clue about this error. I never met .lai libraries so I don't
know what are they for. Do you know? Is there some information about this?

Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at
Jabber: blackhex at