Openmoko development questions.

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Mon Nov 3 17:43:07 CET 2008

On Monday 03 of November 2008 13:17:36 Holger Freyther wrote:

> RPATH is generally considered harmful/dangerous. It instructs the linker to
> search for libraries in the given path. Now the attack vector is that some
> random user can put a fake libc in the RPATH directory...
>
> Inside the Makefile there is a line like -Wl,rpath... you can replace that
> with rpath-link and are mostly safe...

Hi, thank you for your response. I changed  -rpath to -rpath-link at two
places in makefiles but now it throws:

| creating libgdal.la
| (cd .libs && rm -f libgdal.la && ln -s ../libgdal.la libgdal.la)
| /mnt/data/Projekty/MokoGRASS/moko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gdal-1.3.2-r0/gdal-1.3.2/install-sh -c .libs/libgdal.lai /mnt/data/Projekty/MokoGRASS/moko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gdal-1.3.2-r0/image/usr/lib/libgdal.la
| install:  .libs/libgdal.lai does not exist
| make: *** [install-lib] Error 1
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed

I don't have a clue about this error. I never met .lai libraries so I don't
know what are they for. Do you know? Is there some information about this?

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz