Android openness, was Re: Android codebase - Patch set #1

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Nov 4 18:58:28 CET 2008

Hi!

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 09:45:13AM -0800, akrk1986 wrote:
> Excuse me for being a noob (which I am in this context), but how do I
> apply the patch?
>
> I assume it's done with git-apply, but when I run it, it fails to find
> the files.  Maybe my git repository is corrupted?

maybe it's just a git problem. This is a nice manual:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html

if you patch is in a remote (or local) git repo you just need to user
git-pull to merge the patch in your local branch. if it's in a file in
diff format, you can use git-apply.

hope this helps.

:)