[FSO] Problem suspending with frameworkd rule

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 21:26:48 CET 2008

(Can't figure out if this is better in OM-Community or

I  could use some help.  I'm have a problem with suspending an om-gta02
using an oevent rule.  What happens is that it hangs for about a minute
and then suspends.  The traceback is further down.

The same script does works fine from a ssh, python shell, or a desktop
icon.  I'm using fso-testing.

The rule:
trigger: InputEvent()
             - HasAttr(switch, "AUX")
             - HasAttr(event, "pressed")
    actions: Command("/usr/bin/suspend.py")

The test script with logging removed:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import dbus

def suspend():
    bus = dbus.SystemBus()
    service = 'org.freesmartphone.ousaged'
    obj = '/org/freesmartphone/Usage'
    suspend_obj = bus.get_object(service, obj)

if __name__ == "__main__":

The traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/suspend.py", line 30, in suspend
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 622,
in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I can't figure what else to try, so suggestions or hints are welcome.