about running application on emulator

Visti Andresen talpa at talpa.dk
Thu Nov 6 07:33:45 CET 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:48:13 +0800
"xu jiang" <xujianghn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about how can the build applications be run on qeum
> emulator.
>
> A very simple C++  project with the name test is build via
> ~/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/gcc in eclipse. Binary
> file with the name test1-[arm/le] is generated.
>
> Could you tell me how can I run the file on emulator?
>
> The ready environment is as below:
> Install Ubuntu via VMware player on Windows Xp
> Install Toolchain
> Install qeum emulator
> Install ganymede 3.4
>
> Thanks,
> Jane

1) I would have the emulator running the phone software.
2) Use scp to copy it to the emulated phone an execute it there.
(There are other ways like using "FUSE" to mount the phone as a
file system under Ubuntu)

The wiki (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page) contains tons of
useful information.

--