[FSO] some illume issues

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Nov 6 13:20:47 CET 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:41:06 +0100 "Nicola Mfb" <nicola.mfb at gmail.com> babbled:

> Hi!
> I'm quite satisfied developing with QT library and the FSO image but I have
> some problems with Illume:
>
> * when the main window is showed it has active focus and active window state
> and receives touchscreen clicks, after the apps shows a modal children
> dialog, when this is closed the main windows does not return to the active
> state, i have to click it, with other windows manager this does not happens

aaah this is part of a problem with the qpe softmenu - the softmenu window
claims to be able to be focused (last i checked) and thus e has actually
focused it as it was the "last shown window" in the stack. the softmenu is in
fact a major pain :(

> * I use fso api to get the aux button events, and filter them based on the
> window active state (so i noted the first problem), why aux is not sent as a
> normal keypress event to the active window? if this is (or will be) fixed,
> should I suppose the windows will not receive the event for the first issue?

nothing to do with e or illume. on the fso images right now x itself doesnt see
aux or power as keys so nothing gets an event.

> * some dialogs are not showed at all, for example QMessageBox (a fast object
> to advise user)

not sure. every window i have opened shows - but i dont use qt - gtk and efl.
i'd need something i can reproduce on my desktop (very painful to do on the
phone).

> * if an application shows a sub-not-modal-dialog in fullscreen mode and
> after try to show a modal dialog this is not showed, and the non modal
> dialog loses focus! it's impossible to active it with touchscreen or drop
> down the hided illume task bar, so I have to kill the application by ssh.

fullscreen windows are above everything else. as qt itself loses any way to
control the fullscreen window and the fullscreen window has locked away
e/illume's controls - you have a deadlock.

> * I'd like to know how illume screensaver and fso idlenotifier interact, as
> I'm not able to turn on the screen with fso api calls, logread reports
> correctly setBrighteness xx, but the screen remains black

they dont talk at all. e just sets x's screensaver timeout - that's it. same
thing as on your desktop. x makes the decisions when it decides things are
idle and then does its own disabling of the backlight/fb

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com