Android image and some instructions

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Thu Nov 6 15:57:32 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> |> If I understood it the current android image is with 2.6.26 kernel,
> |> stable-tracking is up at 2.6.28-rc2 and has much better resume
> |> performance except for a WSOD issue.  So if you spend any time on
> |> looking at resume, definitely use stable-tracking branch.
> |
> | Yes, nearly everything required for Android is now included into the
> | kernel in the git tree. You should be able to use stable-tracking with
> | the exception of needing to change the name of the battery device from
> | "bat" to "battery".
>
> Can you send a patch to make that change?  When we branch off
> stable-tracking to be the new stable there is going to be so much
> breakage from the dev tree and bitbang accel stuff in changed sys paths
> we need to try to pile on any other breakage around that all at the same
> moment so we just issue one list in one hit that people can process as
> the "2.6.28 changes".

Yes, I've attached the change.

> | I also have a hack to allow double usage of the power button. This
> isn't
> | really an acceptable solution for the long term.
>
> What should we better do about that then?

Android already has the ability to treat the "end" key as the end or
home. It also acts as the power key when held for something like 5
seconds bringing up a menu to allow sleep and shutdown. I just need to
extend this to allow for the menu key to be a part of that scenario. It
won't happen immediately as there are some other things I need to
address like getting page flipping to work.