[FSO] some illume issues

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:41:30 CET 2008

2008/11/6 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at rasterman.com>

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:41:06 +0100 "Nicola Mfb" <nicola.mfb at gmail.com>
> babbled:
>
> > Hi!
> > I'm quite satisfied developing with QT library and the FSO image but I
> have
> > some problems with Illume:
> >
> > * when the main window is showed it has active focus and active window
> state
> > and receives touchscreen clicks, after the apps shows a modal children
> > dialog, when this is closed the main windows does not return to the
> active
> > state, i have to click it, with other windows manager this does not
> happens
>
> aaah this is part of a problem with the qpe softmenu - the softmenu window
> claims to be able to be focused (last i checked) and thus e has actually
> focused it as it was the "last shown window" in the stack. the softmenu is
> in
> fact a major pain :(

Hi Raster!
I'm just running Illume on my desktop box and I noted that this happens to
other application too, for example with Firefox, just now while answering to
this mail I'm seeing "Gmail [FSO] some ..." in the Illume bar next to the
left arrow, selecting File->Open File it brings up the file chooser dialogs
and the Illume bar shows "Open File", then clicking on "Cancel", the dialogs
disappears but Illume bar shows "Illume" and not again "Gmail [FSO] ..." as
I would expect! As this runs well if i Select Help->about I suppose it
happens only with some kind of window.

> > * some dialogs are not showed at all, for example QMessageBox (a fast
> object
> > to advise user)
>
> not sure. every window i have opened shows - but i dont use qt - gtk and
> efl.
> i'd need something i can reproduce on my desktop (very painful to do on the
> phone).

It works now with Illume on my desktop box, it may be related to an older
version of Illume I had on the freerunner some days ago. I'll report if the
problem with the latest FSO image persists.

> > * if an application shows a sub-not-modal-dialog in fullscreen mode and
> > after try to show a modal dialog this is not showed, and the non modal
> > dialog loses focus! it's impossible to active it with touchscreen or drop
> > down the hided illume task bar, so I have to kill the application by ssh.
>
> fullscreen windows are above everything else. as qt itself loses any way to
> control the fullscreen window and the fullscreen window has locked away
> e/illume's controls - you have a deadlock.

I'm not able to reproduce this on the Desktop box, as there is a different
behaviour:

* fullscreen children widget does not maximize and shows in the left top
corner above my application
* fullscreen not children widget shows maximized (but does not cover illume
bar) on a different window switcher slot

For fullscreen widget I mean a widget shown with myWidget->showFullScreen()
method. The widget its self is not a real window or dialog, but a subclass
of the generic QWidget object.

Thanks for your effort!

Regards

      Nicola