[FSO] Dbus, AT RAW access

smurfy - phil openmoko at smurfy.de
Tue Nov 11 23:37:47 CET 2008

Hi, mickey,

i allready used the documentation and tested with mdbus, cant get the HZ
Methods to work (unknown method) but i get the signal if i enter the
homezone.

> (*) You need to apply the attached patch to the frameworkd, since I had to
> disable %CBHZ=1 as per http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/151 -- still
> working on a proper solution for that (probably an extra call
> like 'EnableHomeZoneSupport' and then for Calypso disabling CBHZ in-call).

its a good idea. (adding a new method)

patching rebuilding frameworkd is ok if i want to use it only for
myself, but for other people it's bad.

> Calypso doesn't support storing the CB.

ok, wrong  choice of words, what i meant was: AT+CNMI=2,1,2,1,0 and
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,1,0 (the behavior if a cellbroadcast arrives)
if i disable the the cb events and reenable them i get another single CB.
> lac and cid only come unsolicited, there's no way to query them explicitly. If
> you think we should cache them for subsequent GetStatus() calls, please open
> a ticket.

its ok, think if i ,or someone else need the lac oder cid, the author
could use the signal and then store it or do something if the signal occurs.
> There's org.freesmartphone.GSM.DebugSendCommand( command ), but this is
> undocumented and will be removed.

i also cant get this to work. as i said i use a shr image so it could be
removed or i simple uses wring dbus paths. :)
is there a other way to pass direct AT commands to the gsm module? i
tried echo "AT+COMMAND" >> /dev/tty... but no luck.
but i think a AT command dbus method would be nice. just to play around :)

if i had a working way to send my AT+CNMI... commands to the gsm module
i could use the signal for network.status and homezone status signal to
get a working homezone illume
applet working in notime :)
> Hope that helps,

yes thanks.