[FSO] Dbus, AT RAW access

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 11 23:58:43 CET 2008

Am Tuesday 11 November 2008 23:37:47 schrieb smurfy - phil:
> i allready used the documentation and tested with mdbus, cant get the HZ
> Methods to work (unknown method) but i get the signal if i enter the
> homezone.

Aah, sorry, there's something I forgot to tell you. org.freesmartphone.GSM.HZ
is not implemented by /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device,
but /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Server, so you need to adjust the object here.

The reason for that is that the 'HZ' abstraction is slightly higher level than
what 'Device' is supposed to do (we're actually calling CB and SIM methods
from the HZ methods), so I decoded to implement higher level functionalities
in the 'Server' object.

> > (*) You need to apply the attached patch to the frameworkd, since I had
> > to disable %CBHZ=1 as per http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/151 --
> > still working on a proper solution for that (probably an extra call
> > like 'EnableHomeZoneSupport' and then for Calypso disabling CBHZ
> > in-call).
>
> its a good idea. (adding a new method)

Ok, will do.

> patching rebuilding frameworkd is ok if i want to use it only for
> myself, but for other people it's bad.

Sure.

> > Calypso doesn't support storing the CB.
>
> ok, wrong  choice of words, what i meant was: AT+CNMI=2,1,2,1,0 and
> AT+CNMI=2,1,0,1,0 (the behavior if a cellbroadcast arrives)
> if i disable the the cb events and reenable them i get another single CB.

You don't need to do that once you reenable %CBHZ=1. You will get frequent
cell broadcasts without retriggering anything then.

> > lac and cid only come unsolicited, there's no way to query them
> > explicitly. If you think we should cache them for subsequent GetStatus()
> > calls, please open a ticket.
>
> its ok, think if i ,or someone else need the lac oder cid, the author
> could use the signal and then store it or do something if the signal
> occurs.

Agreed. I really don't want to implement caching in the Device object.

> > There's org.freesmartphone.GSM.DebugSendCommand( command ), but this is
> > undocumented and will be removed.
>
> i also cant get this to work. as i said i use a shr image so it could be
> removed or i simple uses wring dbus paths. :)

Example:

root at om-gta02:~# mdbus -s
org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Debug.DebugCommand "AT\r\n"
['OK']

> is there a other way to pass direct AT commands to the gsm module?

run mickeyterm and you'll get an AT prompt.

> if i had a working way to send my AT+CNMI... commands to the gsm module
> i could use the signal for network.status and homezone status signal to
> get a working homezone illume
> applet working in notime :)

Like I said, you don't need to send AT+CNMI, it works superreliably here once
you reenable %CBHZ=1.

If not, ping me and I'll push it until it does :)
--
:M: