.config file and extract

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Wed Nov 12 10:16:27 CET 2008

| |> I try to use the defconfig-gta02 when running making a new config with
| |>     make ARCH=arm oldconfig defconfig-gta02
| |> but I still have to fill in a lot of missing information. I would say
| |> more than 50-100 options. Stuff I have no clue about. (A have tried
| |> the brances origin/stabile and origin/andy).
| Okay, I will take a look at it.
|> I just had a thought. Maybe it is because I am using a gentoo system
|> that I am get these problems. Since gentoo is having a system-wide

No it's just that it's slightly outdated by what has been added to the
tree.  I updated it, if you git pull and use the ./defconfig-gta02 it
should be fine now.

That one is meant to be the config used for packaging; if you don't want
to have to deal with modules for critical functions while you are
developing with your own kernel you can use the config that lives down
arch/arm/configs/gta02-moredrivers-defconfig, which has the critical
drivers configured into the monolithic kernel.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)