.config file and extract

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Wed Nov 12 16:06:44 CET 2008

|> Fedora doesn't have it... their packaging system drops a copy of the
|> .config in /boot instead.  One has to be careful about having excessive
|> self-respect :-)
| Yes... well... I'm a Fedora user myself, but I won't go so far as to use
| them as the "definitive standard" for kernels! ;-)

RHAT / Fedora are a decent candidate for that title I would think :-)

|> Likewise, we provide the packaging config for stable with our git tree
|> as Sander points out.  If there's any deviation from that in actual
|> packaging, I am sure Mickey will provide patches...
| All distros should enable the kernel option to have the config stored in
| /proc/config.gz, at least until the kernel can be considered "completely
| stable" -- it's painless, and costs only a couple of kbytes of space.

The issue for me is that we should have a traceable process for
generating the kernels that doesn't involve running it.  For example,
maybe you are interested in the config used to make a kernel that won't

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)