distro package wishlist

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Nov 14 14:43:44 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Christopher Hall has something like this that generates the test rootfs
> also from stock packages.  He will be putting it in git shortly I guess.

Thanks ! He should brag a bit more about the good things he's
doing :-)

> It's the basis of the verification / production test / qualification /
> enduser test action rootfs that will ship with future devices.

Perfect. With a little luck, we should be able to make something
that can also make images for developers, etc. Such a rootfs maker
is really quite a cornucopia if you think of it - and it also
takes much of the sting out of OE :-)

- Werner