Calypso firmware update (work in progress)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Nov 16 03:53:50 CET 2008

Am So  16. November 2008 schrieb Marco Trevisan (Treviño):
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
> > Over the last weeks, Dieter has made some great progress with getting
> > the new firmware into shape, and we'll have a public update soon. We
> > expect the next version to fix bug #666 and it will also have a new
> > command AT+CSIM.
>
> I'm so happy to read this... I've not experienced the #666 bug (since
> I'm using a very old SIM card), but I'm happy to know that I won't have
> this problem with my newer SIM cards...
>
> By the way, what is the "AT+CSIM" command? Is it used to retrieve the
> SIM number?

AT+CSIM is to access SIM to read, or write data, as well as execute code
implemented inside the SIM (e.g. GSM-auth). Basically it's a card-reader
implemented via GSM-chipset.

Please also note we *expect* a fix for #666, we aren't sure about that though.
Refer to: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing

cheers
jOERG