Calypso firmware update (work in progress)

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Sun Nov 16 03:58:10 CET 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 03:28:09 +0100, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
<mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>> Over the last weeks, Dieter has made some great progress with getting
>> the new firmware into shape, and we'll have a public update soon. We
>> expect the next version to fix bug #666 and it will also have a new
>> command AT+CSIM.
>
> I'm so happy to read this... I've not experienced the #666 bug (since
> I'm using a very old SIM card), but I'm happy to know that I won't have
> this problem with my newer SIM cards...
>
> By the way, what is the "AT+CSIM" command? Is it used to retrieve the
> SIM number?

Yes, this is very heartening news, I'm delighted that you found a way to
achieve field updates.

Is this firmware update expected to fix the 'bouncing calypso' (bug #1024)
issue as well?  That's been killing me (either missing phone calls or
killing battery, depending on whether software 'fix' is enabled to prevent
deep sleep) since I received a V6 unit under warranty exchange.