package dependancies in ipkg control

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Sun Nov 16 06:42:10 CET 2008

I've been puttering with this for several days now, trying to get a
reliable ipk for Claws-mail (was Sylpheed Claws) and can't figure it out.

The claws ipk has two basic dependancies: libetpan and
libstartup-notification.

But no matter what I do with the Depends line in CONTROL/control it never
finds libstartup-notification-1-0 in the feed to resolve that dependancy.
(libetpan isn't in the feeds, I've built it and have an ipk together with
Claws on my server, plan to push them to opkg.org once this dependancy can
be resolved automatically)

I've tried "libstartup-notification" and "libstartup-notification-1-0" to
no avail, and a few other things.

What should the Depends line look like in order for this to work
correctly??