2008.11 Qs

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sun Nov 16 15:37:40 CET 2008

On Sunday 16 November 2008 06:27:18 Joel Newkirk wrote:

> What about the ever-worsening networking issues? (specifically DNS &
> default route)  It seems that with each successive release of each image
> (OM 2008.x, FSO, SHR) things get more messed up wrt networking instead of
> improving.  Resolvconf broken or absent, default route conflicts being
> 'solved' in shortsighted ways, routes and DNS blindly blowing away current
> settings instead of augmenting, etc.  If each network interface properly
> utilizes resolvconf and default routes are prioritized via route metric
> then we reach a place where networking 'just works' most of the time.

Could you please point me to the bug numbers of these issues? I'm only aware
of the DNS vs. no default DNS issue in trac. If there are no open bugs please
consider creating tickets and describing the issues and proposing a
resolution. It is the only way to get things fixed, report them in the bug
tracker (to assign people to it, to solve it...)...

z.

PS: And "just works" and  "most of the time" contradict each other, do you
notice? ;)