distro package wishlist

Christopher Hall hsw at openmoko.com
Mon Nov 17 03:11:26 CET 2008

Hello Andy, Werner,
On 2008 November 14 Friday 21:43:44 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
> > Christopher Hall has something like this that generates the test rootfs
> > also from stock packages.  He will be putting it in git shortly I guess.
>
> Thanks ! He should brag a bit more about the good things he's
> doing :-)
If it were a dozen lines of carefully crafted Haskell, I probably would brag
(just a little), but 3 files of shell script :)

> > It's the basis of the verification / production test / qualification /
> > enduser test action rootfs that will ship with future devices.
>
> Perfect. With a little luck, we should be able to make something
> that can also make images for developers, etc. Such a rootfs maker
> is really quite a cornucopia if you think of it - and it also
> takes much of the sting out of OE :-)
>
> - Werner

I have finally checked in a version into the gta03-test-suite.git.  I delayed
it until I figured out how to get the static device node. John Lee pointed
out the file I needed for this.  So hopefully it will now generate
something that can boot.  I will attempt to test it today.

--
Best regards.
Christopher Hall                      hswATopenmoko.com