Tichy black screen

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 18 03:46:04 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 01:52 +0100, Leonti Bielski wrote:
> Hi!
> Is there any way to make tichy working on FSO?
> Every image I try I get only a black screen no matter how long do I wait.
> I found other people's mails regarding the same problem, but did not
> find the solution.
> Thanks. Leonti

Hi Leonti

Yeah that is a pitty ! It worked for a while, but for some reason it
isn't the case anymore (I guess it is mainly due to some problem with
new version of pygame package). Here are the things that should be done
in openembedded so that tichy package works :

- Fix bug in package python-pygame that prevent from opening png file
(this has been done already)
- Add dependency to libpng3 in python-pygame package (in fact it is an
optional dependency, so we may also put the dependency in tichy package)
- Modify the source in tichy recipe file : the program is hosted in
git.openmoko.org now
- Add a dependency to frameworkd as well, but that may be optional ,
cause you may want to use tichy with 2008 distribution that can't use
frameworkd.

I hope someone with write access to openembedded could make sure that
those things are done...

And also there is still the problem of the version : I would really like
to see tichy being automatically compiled with last git version on the
openmoko testing feeds, and with a stable version in the stable feed.

Is it possible to use git tags to specify that a given version is stable
so that openembedded will update the package without having to change
openembedded itself ?

cheers,
-charlie