distro package wishlist

Christopher Hall hsw at openmoko.com
Tue Nov 18 06:59:30 CET 2008

Hello Werner,

On 2008 November 17 Monday 21:43:48 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Christopher Hall wrote:
> > If it were a dozen lines of carefully crafted Haskell, I probably would
> > brag (just a little), but 3 files of shell script :)
>
> Or perhaps half a line of APL ? ;-)
If I only had a keyboard  with all those hundreds of special characters.

> > I have finally checked in a version into the gta03-test-suite.git.
>
> Thanks ! Looks nice and tidy. We use a different approach when it
> comes to package selection (additive vs. subtractive), but the root
> builder is something that will be worth sharing.
>
> - Werner

  It still has a bug, the FS generated only booted to single user.
I have just looked through it and found many files are missing.
It seems that opkg does not run the postinst script for any of the packages.
Something to do with the opkg -offline option.

--
Best regards.
Christopher Hall                      hswATopenmoko.com