Calypso firmware update (work in progress), fix for #666 '3G-SIM not recognized'

Boštjan Jerko mlist at japina.eu
Tue Nov 18 16:19:24 CET 2008

On 18.11.2008, at 16:14, Mike (mwester) wrote:
>> .
>
> Note that restarts or even power-off will not necessarily remove power
> from the GSM.  I found it necessary to actually remove the battery
> for a
> short time to force the GSM out of whatever bad state it had gotten
> into.  Then take care to ensure that nothing touches the GSM on
> startup.
> Then start fluid.exe, and then start the GSM.
>
> Mike (mwester)

Unfortunatelly (for me at least). I always reset with battery removing
(at least when developing). So I did that.

The kernel and rootfs are from joerg's site (so shell only) and the
procedure worked well when upgrading to moko9.
As I said before - since I have #666 error I wanted to upgrade to
moko10 but the same procedure doesn't work for me.

This is what I get after starting fluid:

FLUID Revision 2.27, (23 Aug 2004). Copyright Texas Instruments,
2001-2004.
Reading image file: '/home/root/
gsm_ac_gp_fd_pu_em_cph_ds_vc_cal35_ri_36_amd8_ts0_moko10-
beta2.m0' (2138kB) ok
Bootloader: (reset target)

Then I login to GSM with another ssh and type in:
  s3c24xx-gpio b7=1

And nothing happens.

Boštjan