problems with calypso firmware update

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Sat Nov 22 12:29:40 CET 2008

Am Sa  22. November 2008 schrieb Michael:
> Hi,
> yesterday i wanted to make a firmware update as on the side
> described.
> After i do s3c24xx-gpio b7=1 in a second ssh session the
> firmware update starts but hangs after a while.
> I wait about 20-30 minutes nothing happens, then i killed
> the fluid.exe prozess:( and now the gsm modem is death (no response).
> Future updates are hangs now by:
> FLUID Revision 2.27, (23 Aug 2004). Copyright Texas Instruments,
> 2001-2004.
> Reading image file:
> '/root/calypso/gsm_ac_gp_fd_pu_em_cph_ds_vc_cal35_ri_36_amd8_ts0-moko10.m0'
> (2138kB) ok
> Bootloader: (reset target)
> Is there a little chance to get calypso works again?
> greets
> Michael

If for whatever reason the flash process aborts, you probably end up with a
broken firmware image in GSM modem (much the same like on flashing new bios
on your PC). So it's very likely the bootloader located inside this firmware
will fail and there's no use in trying to flash a new image by using the

Please refer to the recommendation on
regarding the bootloader used:
''(if this fails repeatedly, try -oo instead of -oO, to use the calypso ROM
bootloader instead of the firmware bootloader)''

Please report whether this worked for you. Many thanks.