problems with calypso firmware update

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Nov 22 15:36:10 CET 2008

Am Sa  22. November 2008 schrieb Michael:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sa, den 22.11.08 um 14:15 schrieb Joerg Reisenweber:
> > And you followed exactly the same complete procedure as you did first
time,
> > means wget and flashing of FSO-rootfs, etc pp ?
> I start the update under Debian with no dbus, frameworkd and X (there
> was no programm access the GSM modem).
I'm not sure about that. Dunno what else might access GSM-modem (muxer etc).
The procedure described on wiki page clearly states to use FSO-console image.

> But yes I do exactly the same as i do on the first time without
> downloading the programms and installing it.
>
> greets
> Michael
>
> PS:
> Now i have tried it under fso-console image but the situation is the
> same. It hangs on Bootloader: (reset target) with -oO and -oo

You seen the remarks on wiki?
''Note that this process tolerates almost no variations. Stray from the
instructions at your own peril''
''We recommend you don't update by following this procedure, unless you feel
very comfortable with commandline''
''Make sure **nothing** is accessing the GSM modem. If you're using the
fso-console image from the link above, this will happen automagically on
boot''
''If FLUID does nothing, curse your bad luck and repeat the reset sequence.''

Hmm, we didn't see this situation on our tests so far. Can't reproduce. Sorry,
no idea... Anyway we will do some more investigation on recovering from
broken GSM-fw.

cheers
jOERG