[FSO] add QCT msm7* modem support

Lukas Gorris lukas.gorris at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 22 21:32:23 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:

> Let me add on that -- it is always desirable to have more than just one
> channel for usual AT commands, that way you can drastically simplify the gsm
> server logic. I would prefer three independent homogenous command channels,
> if we can have them, one for call control, one for unsolicited responses, and
> one for everything else.

Why does it simplify gsm server logic? What do you mean by independent
and homogenous?

If you want to change the way you access the modem in the msm7*, you
must modify the AMSS. It is the software which provides us with the
shared memory fifos where the serial nodes run on. The kernel driver
is only a thing that manages the data flow on them and provides the
devices. So that would be very hard. If I got this wrong and you want
to make userspace software that "sorts" different commands it's
something else. But I don't understand the reason. Does it work like
that on the mokos?

regards

Lukas