[Success] Re: Calypso firmware update (work in progress), fix for #666 '3G-SIM not recognized'

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 22 22:03:50 CET 2008

Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org> wrote:

> Hope I'll see lots of positive reports from people who were unable to
> put a decent SIM to work until now, due to notorious #666.

I'm very happy to be able to report that the update went smoothly for
me (without yielding any surplus "building materials") and that a new
O2 SIM from http://freesim.o2.co.uk/ which never worked in my
Freerunner before now seems to be working fine.  Great work!

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy
Electron Microscopy Group (PhD Student)
University of Cambridge / Downing College