Openmoko Bug #2132: boot hangs unable to start portmap

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Nov 25 04:46:36 CET 2008

#2132: boot hangs unable to start portmap
 Reporter:  ssinger  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0        |      Blockedby:
Estimated:           |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:           |   Reproducible:
 I installed the daily build testing-om-gta02-20081125.rootfs.tar.gz onto
 my SD card.

 The bootup hangs after the message  "Starting portmap daemon
 portmapportmap: fork: no such device"

 I was also getting messages about tar being unable to write to a read-only
 file system.

 It looks like S03udev is trying to write to the root filesystem but it is
 still mounted read-only.  It doesn't get remounted till

 When I renamed to I was able to boot the
 phone (but this may not  not be the correct fix)

 cat /etc/om-version
 Tag Name:
 VERSION: bda965a6a00fa5d45039857e4dd6e82a22359810
 Build Host: barbie
 Time Stamp: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:48:50 +0800
 cat /etc/angstrom-version
 Angstrom -20081124

 This is on a gta02.