"X--tag=CC: command not found"

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Wed Nov 26 10:37:21 CET 2008

> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to use the tool chain (following the instructions as they
> >> appear on the wiki at the moment) to cross-compile an ODBC tool for
> >> Openmoko. I've tried unixODBC [1] and iODBC [2], both of which
> >> configure fine, but fail on making with:
> >>
> >> X--tag=CC: command not found

I had this error when I was compiling gdal package using bitbake recipe from
OpenEmbeded. I'm workarounding it so that I edit libtool script in gdal
source package where I replace ECHO="echo" with echo="echo" or vice versa
everytime I try to compile this package. I don't know what really causes it
but it looks like libtool issue connected to certain version. (2.2.6a on
Gentoo in my case).

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz