"X--tag=CC: command not found"

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Wed Nov 26 10:37:21 CET 2008

> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to use the tool chain (following the instructions as they
> >> appear on the wiki at the moment) to cross-compile an ODBC tool for
> >> Openmoko. I've tried unixODBC [1] and iODBC [2], both of which
> >> configure fine, but fail on making with:
> >>
> >> X--tag=CC: command not found

I had this error when I was compiling gdal package using bitbake recipe from
OpenEmbeded. I'm workarounding it so that I edit libtool script in gdal
source package where I replace ECHO="echo" with echo="echo" or vice versa
everytime I try to compile this package. I don't know what really causes it
but it looks like libtool issue connected to certain version. (2.2.6a on
Gentoo in my case).

Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz