Problems Reading Accelerometer Device

Thomas White taw27 at
Wed Nov 26 14:53:28 CET 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:28:23 +0100
Michael Tansella <michael-tansella at> wrote:

> I read the wiki and the gestures source code but it didnt't help.
> I set the samplerate to 400 Hz and though I think the time between
> two (x y z separator) measurements should be ca 2,5 ms, but in my
> logfile you can see that there are sometimes 30 ms. So I think I
> loose some values.

Along similar lines, while making some improvements to OpenMooCow I
noticed that opening the accelerometers with O_NONBLOCK still leads to
read() blocking for many milliseconds as described.  Sometimes much
longer due to the threshold option.  Should the accelerometers (meaning
the "input" subsystem, I guess) support non-blocking reads in the 2.6.24

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy
Electron Microscopy Group (PhD Student)
University of Cambridge / Downing College