FDOM=OM was (omview & community repository)

David Samblas dsamblasomdevel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 00:02:38 CEST 2008

> FDOM which has only come about because Openmoko is
> not incorporating fixes from the community in the official distro
wow wow wow, Rod you are wrong, even if OpenMoko adds those fixes (a lot
of then are more OE related than Openmoko but doesn't matter) I will
have released FDOM anyway (with diferent installed apps, and maybe more
time dedicated to pure stetical pimping)FDOM has born just for fun and
willing to help,
I just know to read , copy&paste in my joe editor, test and upload files
on ftp, so that's what I do to help, I prefer OM team to take care of
kernel, FSO development and integration with actual OM stack(or any
other stack), making QTX11 development, echo/noise echo cancelaton, and
and a lot of serious work still that has to be done, things that for a
lot of us, still a little out of bound of own knowlege(yet) and are
triyng to help in other ways. When I learn how to upload patches to OE
and create opkg I will do it. We are creating an script that will
transforme the OM distro to FDOM that will be a good start to learn how
to create an opkg packages,
Maybe have called FDOM as distrution wasn't good idea because it has
cause some confusions, FDOM is an OM image with some facilities, may be
when  we finally control the generation of FDOM from  svn, being able to
be some of us collaborate at time, we can be considered as distro, as I
have read from Dr Nikolaus in the OE Forum, "FDOM is not yet another
distro is yet another image" .
I have  asked these on the community list but I will repeat it here in
the devel list, please again stop using FDOM as weapon or to compare
against himself.