FDOM=OM was (omview & community repository)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Mon Oct 6 00:16:13 CEST 2008

If FDOM was something you could "ipkg install" on another distro, then I
would not call it a separate distribution.

As it stands today, it *is* a separate distribution.

And you cannot deny that there are things done in FDOM which are simply
there becuase they have not been fixed in the official OM distros.  Take
the /etc/resolv.conf debacle for an example.

This is not a negative reflection on FDOM, so please do not take any of
this as criticism or you or your distro.  You have done what you needed
to do, and others find it useful.

It is a negative reflection on OM for not taking the things you have
fixed and fixing them at the source.

-- Rod