u-boot fix to charge empty battery

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu Oct 9 14:28:57 CEST 2008

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
>> Is that actually true of all A5s?  IIRC Tony told at one point that this
>> wasn't true of production A5.
> I don't know. I've heard that rumor as well, but I've never been
> able to confirm it.
> Considering that we added an external resistor for the red LED, thus
> requiring a different layout or some hairy rework, I would expect
> that at least that one wasn't fixed.
> What I've heard is that the new dual transistor for the bi-color LED
> came in a different package, so it also needed a layout change.

I remember hearing that too, but we are so far from Taipei we hear less
than 1% of 1% of what goes on.  If Tony explicitly said it was resolved
for production after the fact I'd tend to believe that.

Anyway folks can tell by getting their device idle and

with the LED lit and not lit.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)