u-boot fix to charge empty battery

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:37:33 CEST 2008

When my battery is empty, I generally cannot even turn on the phone
into NAND U-boot menu (power+aux), even with charger plugged in.
But  I can go to NOR U-boot menu (aux+power). (sometimes only after a
while being plugged and several tries...)

Is it just due to incorrect behaviour of current U-boot (well last I
tried is about 15 days old), or also because loading U-boot from NAND
needs more power ?

When I manage to get to NAND U-boot it generally dies not long
after... but there the 8sec. shutdown might have happened too (?) And
booting indeed looks like sucking too much power.
So I have to go to NOR U-boot, boot once and shtudown (time to do that
is enough to charge battery so that I can go back and normally boot)

(Last time by chance my batt finally charged enough -waiting hours-
without booting -not always the case-...
 because my NAND rootfs was "dead" so I could not boot via NOR U-boot)