building Holgers qtopia git repo

Daniel Nöthen bip_trash at gmx.net
Fri Oct 10 20:33:56 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Holger Freyther wrote:
>
>> https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2046 might give a hint, for now you will
>> need to set additional include directories,
>>

> Yes, and check that the included file is <new> (not <new.h>).
> To compile qtopia-x11 using the toolchain I've wrote this script [1]
> based on the bb file. It should work!
>
> [1] http://3v1n0.net/openmoko/qtopia-x11-om-toolchain-build.script

Thanks for the help. I finally got it to build :)
There were some other pitfalls I had to solve, though.

Problem:
1. alsa is missing in the toolchain
2. c++config.h isn't found
3. libXtst is missing in the toolchain

Solution:
1. copy libasound.so from the phone (OM2008) to toolchain lib directory
on the host machine copy /usr/include/alsa from the host machine to the
toolchain include dir on the host machine
2. ln -s
/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/c++/4.1.2/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bits/*

/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/c++/4.1.2/bits/
3. copy libXtst.so from the phone to the toolchain lib dir on the host
machine