building Holgers qtopia git repo

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sat Oct 11 03:26:09 CEST 2008

Daniel Nöthen wrote:
> Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> Yes, and check that the included file is <new> (not <new.h>).
>> To compile qtopia-x11 using the toolchain I've wrote this script [1]
>> based on the bb file. It should work!
>>
>> [1] http://3v1n0.net/openmoko/qtopia-x11-om-toolchain-build.script
>>

> Thanks for the help. I finally got it to build :)
> There were some other pitfalls I had to solve, though.
>
> Problem:
> 1. alsa is missing in the toolchain
> 2. c++config.h isn't found
> 3. libXtst is missing in the toolchain
>
> Solution:
> 1. copy libasound.so from the phone (OM2008) to toolchain lib directory
> on the host machine copy /usr/include/alsa from the host machine to the
> toolchain include dir on the host machine

I do prefer using something like this (if you're not using the newer
toolchain that allows to install libs using opkg-target):
I download the needed library from OM repository [1] (both the lib and
the -dev), then I import them in my configuration using:
for i in *.[io]pk; do dpkg -x $i
$OMTOOL_DIR/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/; done

> 2. ln -s
> /usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/c++/4.1.2/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bits/*
>
> /usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/c++/4.1.2/bits/

You could have added that path to the -I cflags (I did it in the linked
bug)...

> 3. copy libXtst.so from the phone to the toolchain lib dir on the host
> machine

Like the 1.

[1] http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/armv4t/

--