Speed up System Initialization

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Mon Oct 13 16:26:57 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 11:36 +0200, Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger wrote:
> Concerning [3]: Graeme, how far did you get with your work on replacing
> udev with mdev? Are there any comment/patches/hints that you could provide?

Hi, I did all my work on the actual device as I was only experimenting,
but I did produce a working device that used mdev to create /dev
removing udev completely.

I will attach the mdev.conf I used.

Poky has some interesting enhancements to boot speed by using udev in a
slightly different way. I believe their figures for improvement after
first boot are similar to mine using udev.

Graeme