Building fso from - time and disk space

Leonti Bielski prishelec at
Sat Oct 18 21:37:06 CEST 2008

I'm trying to build FSO, using this tutorial:
and this:

I made git clone, downloaded bitbake, configured it and run 'bitbake
It started downloading some packages, build it, so it seems to be working.

Bitbake says it has to run 4232 tasks. And it's running for 9 hours (I have
a decent 64-bit CPU) by now and has done only 1250 of them. It has eaten
around 6 GB of my disk space.
Is it normal? How long does it take to build FSO from scratch? How much
space do I have to free before I go to bed?I have only 8 GB left.
On Openembedded wiki I've read that It takes around 4 GB to build Opie. Is
FSO so different?