Playing with touch screen events

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue Oct 21 03:51:25 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
>> what we need is a better touchscreen.. or a very very good filter
>> between the ts
>> device and x events so every app gets reliable events. tslib i think
>> has such
>> an infrastructure - BUT i never got time to play with it. :)
>
> I think these behaviours can also be trouble in the driver... "pen up
> and down" is a separate interrupt than sample from ADC and it wouldn't
> surprise me if we can improve it.  There was a patch about it from Dima
> Kogan recently
>
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=eff39cde0d3cdd2afd5e1b4be5a8eb6cf195543e

I can confirm that this fixes a lot of scrolling (and mouse moves at
all) issues...

> Actual position averaging is pretty solved by the "median" patch stuff,
> there's some question about whether it's acceptable upstream I guess we
> are going to have to find out about.
>
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=e007095586274313f7d469040ddd1c469a20165c

I don't understand, is this usable in the moko or not? When you say
upstream you mean a merging with the standard linux upstream code or
with the openmoko stable?

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/